This privacy statement provides an overview of some core components of our data handling practices.
- We collect information when you register an account, self-report information through surveys, forms, features or applications, use our Services, upload your own content to our Services, use social media connections and features, refer your contacts to us, share information through various interactions with us and our partners, and via cookies and similar tracking technologies.
- We use information in general (i) to provide, analyze and improve our Services, (ii) as we reasonably believe is permitted by laws and regulations, including for marketing, advertising and revenue purposes, (iii) to protect the security and safety of our company, employees, customers as we reasonably believe permitted by laws and regulations, (iv) to comply with laws and regulations we are subject to.
CONSENT TO THE USE OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION
By agreeing to our Privacy Statement and Terms of Service, you consent to sensitive information, such as information about your health, personal information, and self-reported information such as racial and ethnic origin and sexual orientation (where you provide it) being used by us to:
- analyze and provide you with our Services;
- monitor and improve existing products or services that we offer or develop new products and services; and
- determine whether you would be suitable to take part in surveys, polls or questionnaires that we are conducting; and
- other additional ways we reasonably believe is permitted by laws and regulations.
We will not use your sensitive information without your consent unless: (i) the information has been anonymized or aggregated so that you cannot reasonably be identified as an individual; or (ii) a legal obligation requires us to use it in some way e.g. a court order requires us to disclose the information.
CONSENT TO THE TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By agreeing to our Privacy Statement and Terms of Service, you consent to the storing and processing of your personal information, including sensitive information, in the USA and countries outside of the country you live in. We use a range of measures to safeguard information but these countries may have laws that are different from those of your country of residence. You also consent to your personal information, including sensitive information, being transferred in the event of a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or other transaction or proceeding. In such a case, your information would be used as set out in any pre-existing Privacy Statement.
- We may sell, lease, or rent your individual-level information (i.e., information about a single individual) to a third party.
- You may independently decide to disclose your information to friends and/or family members, doctors, health care professionals, or other individuals outside our Services, including through third party services such as social networks and third-party apps that connect to our website and mobile apps through our application programming interface ("API"); always review the privacy policies of third-party apps and services before sharing your information.
- We may share anonymized and aggregate information with third parties; anonymized and aggregate information is any information that has been stripped of your name and contact information and aggregated with information of others or anonymized so that you cannot reasonably be identified as an individual.
- We may use your information and share it with third parties for scientific research purposes. Note that we will disclose your individual-level information only if we obtain additional explicit consent from you.
- If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com or send a letter to the address provided at the bottom of our full privacy statement.
- This statement applies to www.migraineinsight.com and software owned and operated by Migraine Insight, Inc. Our Privacy Statement is designed to help you better understand how we collect, use, store, process, and transfer your information when operating our website, mobile apps, products, software and other services (collectively "Service" or "Services"). The following are our core privacy principles:
- We collect and handle information (i) to provide, analyze and improve our Services, (ii) as we reasonably believe is permitted by laws and regulations, such as for marketing and advertising purposes, and (iii) as reasonably necessary to comply with laws and regulations, and to protect the security and safety of our company, employees, customers and others.
- We understand and respect the sensitive nature of the information you may provide to us, including information about your genetic characteristics, disease conditions, racial and ethnic origin, etc. To that end, we strive to be transparent in our collection, use and disclosure of this information. We are committed to providing a secure and safe environment for our Services.
- Please review this Privacy Statement and our Terms of Service. By using our Services, you agree to all of the policies and procedures described in the foregoing documents. Migraine Insight, Inc. is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA and is referred to herein as Migraine Insight, (or "we," "us," "our") and includes all of our commonly owned companies.
Please contact us with any questions or for a copy of our full privacy statement. We are happy to help!
*This Privacy Statement was last updated on March 11, 2017.
Founder, Migraine Insight